CALL FOR PAPERS
Chinese Economists Society 2019 China Annual Conference
June 8-9, 2019
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, Dalian, Liaoning, China
The Chinese Economists Society (CES) calls for paper submissions for its 2019 China Annual Conference, to be held at Dalian, Liaoning, China, June 8-9 (Saturday and Sunday), 2019. The local host for the conference is Dongbei University of Finance and Economics. The theme of the conference is “Forty’s Years of Quantitative Economic Research in China: Retrospectives and Perspectives”. The conference will include invited keynote speakers, roundtable forums, and parallel sessions. Arrival and registration of participants will start in the afternoon of June 7. All speeches and sessions will occur on June 8 and 9.
CES invites both members and non-members to submit papers and/or to propose organized sessions at the 2019 China Annual Conference. All fields of specialization within economics will be considered, but papers focusing on the Chinese economy will be given preference. The abstract submission deadline is March 20, 2019. Confirmed keynote speakers include:
· Dr. Shusong Ba, the chief economist of the China Banking Association, the executive director of the HSBC Institute of finance of Peking University, a deputy secretary general of China Society of Macroeconomics, a member of MOFCOM's Advisory Committee on Economic and Trade Policy, a member of CBRC’s expert guidance committee for the banking industry to implement the new Basel capital accord, a member of CSRC’s M&A Specialists Committee, a member of the HKSAR Government's Economic Development Commission, and a member of China’s “13th Five-Year Plan” National Development and Planning Specialists Committee.
· Dr. Robert Engle, Michael Armellino Professor of Finance at New York University Stern School of Business, the 2003 Nobel Prize Winner in Economics, the Director of the NYU Stern Volatility Institute and the Co-Founding President of the Society for Financial Econometrics (SoFiE), a global non-profit organization housed at NYU.
· Dr. Eric Ghysels, Edward M. Bernstein Distinguished Professor of Economics and Professor of Finance Kenan-Flagler Business School, a fellow of the American Statistical Association, the co-founded with Robert Engle the Society for Financial Econometrics (SoFiE), also the former co-editor of the Journal of Financial Econometrics, his work mostly on topics pertaining to Mixed data sampling regression models and filtering methods.
· Dr. James Hamilton, Robert F. Engle Professor of Economics, University of California at SD, Founding Fellow of International Association for Applied Econometrics, very influential book “Time Series Analysis”, Princeton University Press, 1994. His research work includes macroeconomics, econometrics and energy economics, especially influential in time series and energy economics.
· Dr. Jikun Huang, Professor at the School of Advanced Agricultural Sciences and Director of China Center for Agricultural Policy at Peking University, Fellow of the World Academy of Sciences, Honorary Life Member of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, and Fellow of Agricultural and Applied Economics Association. He is also the president of Asian Society of Agricultural Economists (ASAE), vice-president of Chinese Association of Agricultural Economics.
· Dr. Per Mykland, Robert M. Hutchins Professor of Statistics and Finance, and Scientific Director of the Stevanovich Center of Financial Mathematics, the University of Chicago, former Co-Editor of Journal of Financial Econometrics, President-elect of the Society for Financial Econometrics (SoFiE). His main research interests are the statistics and econometrics for time dependent processes, including time series and continuous processes.
· Dr. Whitney Newey, the Jane Berkowitz Carlton and Dennis William Carlton Professor of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a well-known econometrician. He is best known for developing, with Kenneth D. West, the Newey–West estimator, which robustly estimates the covariance matrix
· Dr. Shouyang Wang, a Bairen distinguished professor of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), a Changjiang distinguished professor of Ministry of Education，the chief economist and director of the CAS Center for Forecasting Science, the Dean of School of Economics and Management, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Fellow of the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and academician of the International Academy for Systems and Cybernetic Sciences (IASCYS). He is the chairman of the Committee for TWAS Siwei Cheng Prize of Economics, a member of the TWAS Advisory Committee, and is/was the editor, an area editor, an associate editor, and an editorial board member of 12 international journals, including Energy Economics, and Information and Management.
· Dr. Tongsan Wang, the senior research Fellow and member of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, the former director of the Institute of Quantitative & Technical Economics of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, one of the first doctors of quantitative economics in China, a well-known Chinese economist in economic models and prediction.
Persons interested in presenting a paper at the conference are asked to submit an abstract of no more than 400 words with a title, author name(s), JEL code(s), and keywords via the CES website at http://china-ces.org/Conferences/ConferenceDefault.aspx?ID=1050. You will be notified by e-mail by March 31, 2019, as to whether your paper has been accepted for presentation.
If you would like to organize one or more sessions on a specific topic and have speakers/presenters lined up, please submit your proposal to Professor Zongwu Cai, CES President, for approval at email@example.com by March 10, 2019. Each organized session should consist of 4 individual papers. Proposal should contain a tentative name of the session, titles of papers along with their abstracts, as well as names of session presenters and discussants with their e-mails. Please note that papers included in a session must still go through the regular paper submission process through the CES website to be included into the program. It is the organizer’s responsibility to ensure all papers are submitted properly. The submission deadline of individual papers in proposed organized sessions is also March 20, 2019.
March 10, 2019
Organized session proposal submission deadline (submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org)
March 20, 2019
Abstract submission deadline for both individual presenters and presenters of proposed organized
March 31, 2019
Notification of decision
GREGORY CHOW BEST PAPER AWARD
We will select an outstanding paper presented at the 2019 CES China Annual Conference by a junior scholar for the Gregory Chow Best Paper Award. To be eligible for consideration for this prestigious award, the primary author of the paper must be a graduate student or a junior scholar who received his/her PhD within the last five years (no earlier than May 2014). The award winner will receive a certificate and a US $1,000 prize. Persons interested in being considered for the award must provide information confirming eligibility at the time of submission. Graduate students’ electronic submissions should be followed up by a letter on official university stationary from a professor certifying that the submitter is a graduate student in good standing. An electronic version of this letter should be emailed by the professor to Dr. Xiaoguang (Shawn) Ni at email@example.com by May 15, 2019.
The CES plans to select a group of high-quality papers presented at the conference for special issues at journals such as China Economic Review. Papers submitted for consideration of the special issue still need to go through regular review process of the CER. Details about these publication opportunities will be provided later.
All presenters and conference attendees must register for the Conference. Registration should be made online through the conference page at www.china-ces.org under “Conferences”. You may wait to register until you find out whether your paper is accepted. Please note that registration fees are non-refundable. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER BY MAY 20 TO BE INCLUDED INTO THE FINAL PROGRAM.
You can join the CES and become a member here: http://www.china-ces.org/AboutCES/Default.aspx?title=Join%20CES. Regular membership is $40 per year while student membership is $15 per year.
Registration Fee Schedules
Before or on May 1st, 2019
After May 1st, 2019
Regular CES member
Student CES member
Student Non-CES member
There are several hotels available for your choice with different rates. See the next two pages for details about the hotels and their related information.
Inquiries should be sent to:
· For academic matters: Dr. Zongwu Cai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For general inquiries: Dr. Rong Hu at email@example.com or Dr. Ying Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For logistics: Dr. Rong Hu at email@example.com or Mr. Zhaodan Li at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CES LODGING INFORMATION
Queen Size Room
Dalian Bayshore Hotel
RMB 850. Free breakfast for 2 persons included.
RMB 850. Free breakfast for 2 persons included.
Hi-Chance ( Dalian ) Science & Technology Center
Superior Room, RMB 400. Free breakfast for 1 or 2 persons included.
City-View Room, RMB 450. Free breakfast for 1 or 2 persons included.
Soluxe Heyi Hotel Dalian
RMB 400. Free breakfast for 2 persons included.
RMB 400. Free breakfast for 2 persons included.
Ji Hotel (Dalian Xinghai Park)
RMB 469. Free breakfast for 2 persons included.
RMB 449. Free breakfast for 2 persons included.
Yitel Trend Hotel (Dalian High-Tech Park)
RMB 380 (free breakfast for 1 person included) or RMB 400 (free breakfast for 2 persons included).
RMB 380 (free breakfast for 1 person included), or RMB 400 (free breakfast for 2 persons included).
Hotel of Dongbei University of Finance and Economics
RMB 330. Free breakfast for 2 persons included.
C1-32, Xinghai Square, Shahekou Dist., Dalian, Liaoning 116021
507 Huangpu Road, High-Tech Park, Dalian, Liaoning 116023
710 Huangpu Road, High-Tech Park, Dalian, Liaoning 116023
241 Jianshan St., Shahekou
Dist., Dalian, Liaoning 116021
199 Huangpu Road, Shahekou dist., Dalian, Liaoning 116023
217 Jianshan St., Shahekou Dist., Dalian, Liaoning 116025
(located on campus of DUFE)